Hi friends! Something that you may not know about me is that I love to bake, so once and awhile I like to take a break from the usual fashion posts and throw in something a little different. Now don’t let this fool you I’m a total amateur at baking (I mean c’mon I’m using boxed mix here), but when I saw these cute cupcake cones on Pinterest I just couldn’t resist trying them out. I think they came out really awesome and I wanted to share how I made them with you all, so here goes…
You will need:
- 1 box of cake mix + the water, eggs and vegetable oil called for on the box. I used the Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme mix.
- 1 box of ice cream cones
- 1 container of frosting (I used the Pillsbury brand vanilla flavor)
- Heat your oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). I found that my cones did not need them, but if you would like you can place a muffin baking cup in each of the tins. Place a cone in each muffin tin.
- Divide the batter among the cups, leaving some room towards the top.
- Bake anywhere from 16-22 minutes, but be sure to check your cupcakes with a toothpick frequently to make sure they aren’t over cooking. When the toothpick comes out clean they are done. Give a generous amount of time for the cupcakes to cool (about 30 minutes or so).
- Frost as desired, however for the neatest application I recommend using a frosting bag with a tip.
I hope you guys try this out – it’s really cute for the summer time, especially if you’re using it as a treat at a party or bringing some over to a friends. (:
Thanks for reading!